If you are a Windows 10 user, then you may suddenly receive the error message “side by side configuration is incorrect”. But don’t get petrified. You are not the only one stuck with this glitch. Most of the Windows 10 users reported this annoying error when they are making an attempt to launch, install or uninstall the program. However, the good part is that you can easily resolve this error.
In this article, we have enumerated 4 major fixes that you can easily follow to remove this error. You don’t need to go through all of them. What you need to do is to follow the entire article from top to bottom until you find the best one that serves your purpose.
Effortless Hacks to Prevent Side By Side is Incorrect Windows 10 Issue
Go through the undermentioned steps to know “how to remove side by side configuration is incorrect?” issue.
Fix 1: Try Another Kind of Installer
If you view this error when you are trying to install a program, it is obvious that the installer or the installer package is infected with malware. In this regards, you must download a correct installer in order to launch a program. Therefore, you can download the recent version from the official website.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Problem Program
If you face this error when you are trying to establish a program, then the program must have been infected with malware. If you reinstall the program, then the program is fruitful for fixing this error. In order to accomplish this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In order to start, press the Windows key as well as the “R” key simultaneously to recall the Run box.
- Then write “control” and hit the Enter key in order to open the Control Panel.
- After that, choose the Large Icons in the View using the drop-down list.
- Then, press Programs and Features.
- Now, click the problem program and then choose Uninstall.
- Then, you have to download the recent version from the official website and then install that on your P.C.
- Set up the program to examine whether the issue persists.
Fix 2: Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Packages
The side by side configuration is incorrect takes place if the Visual C++ Runtime on the P.C is missing. If you reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Packages on your P.C, then it will help you to restore the corrupted Runtime. To complete this, follow the following steps:
- First, you need to press the Windows logo key as well as the “R” key simultaneously to implore the Run box.
- Then, you need to write “control” and hit Enter in order to open the Control Panel.
- Choose Large icons in the View mode through the drop-down list.
- Then, hit on Programs and Features.
- After that, remove every Visual C++ Redistributable. You just need to right-click on the programs having a name entitled as Microsoft Visual C++ XXXX Redistributable
- After that, choose Uninstall.
- Move to the official website in order to download the programs that you just installed.
- Then, you need to install that on your P.C.
- Finally, reboot your P.C. If the method is suitable enough to eradicate this side by side configuration is incorrect issue, then apply it. Else, move ahead with the next fix.
Fix 3: Examine the Files for any Corrupted Entries
This error can also take place owing to corrupted files on your Windows 10 system. Therefore, you need to run some system checks to perform a thorough scan and after that, follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- First and the foremost thing is to click the Start Menu present at the bottom and then enter “cmd”.
- After that, right-click on Command Prompt. Then, choose the option marked as Run as administrator.
- Then write “sfc /scannow” and then click Enter.
- After that, you have to wait for some time in order to finish the process. Then, you need to examine whether the side by side configuration is incorrect persists or not.
- However, if the problem continues, retrace back to the Command Prompt.
- After that, enter “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” and click on Enter.
- Finally, wait for some time till the process gets over. Then, you need to examine whether the issue persists or not.
Fix 4: Rebooting The System
If none of the above methods fail to remove side by side configuration is incorrect Windows 10 issue, then you try to reset Windows 10. However, please take into account this process will remove all the files and programs. Therefore, before you move ahead, you must keep a backup of the significant files and place those in a particular place.
- Firstly, you have to click on the Start menu present at the bottom of the screen. Then, choose Settings.
- After that, press on Update & Security.
- Then, you need to choose to Remove everything.
- After that, wait for a while until the process gets over.
- Finally, install and set up the program that is causing the error. If this method works, you won’t be able to find this error any longer.
All the above-mentioned solutions are suitable and tested after fixing the error message marked as side by side configuration is incorrect. By following the above article, you can easily fix this issue in no time. Moreover, you can refer the user guide to have a quick glance. If you have any new suggestions, you can provide that in the comment section.