Windows 10 is undeniably one of the latest as well as the best versions of Windows. But like its previous versions, this version of Windows is not free from bugs and errors. One of the most frequently occurring issues that many Windows users have reported is that their Windows 10 is stuck on the welcome screen. This issue is arguably a very common one but it’s quite irritating too because once this error occurs, it leaves the affected computer completely unusable.
This problem might occur in your Windows 10 device due to some software problem or because of a faulty system update. But whatever may be the cause responsible for the error, you must fix it as soon as possible to avoid further complications in your device. So in this article, you will get to know the most effective ways to get rid of this critical situation.
Exceptional Ways to Get Rid of Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen Issue:
Though this is a very annoying issue, it can be easily fixed by some troubleshooting methods. So, take a look below to know about them in detail:
Way 1: Use the Automatic Repair Option
You can easily fix this Windows 10 stuck-on welcome screen issue by using this Automatic Repair option. For that, you need to perform the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to locate the Power button situated at the bottom left of the Welcome screen.
- Once you find it, click on that button. You will see that a menu pops up just above the Power button.
- Now, you should click on the Restart button by holding down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Next, go to the Advanced Recovery options menu which appears on the screen.
- From there, select the Troubleshoot option.
buy dapoxetine online www.clerkenwellislingtonclinics.co.uk/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/dapoxetine.html no prescription
- After that, click on Advanced options followed by the Startup Repair option.
Finally, you will get to see the Automatic Repair option on your Windows screen. Just click on it and after some time, check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Way 2: Repair by Using a Bootable CD or USB
If your device still gets stuck on the welcome screen in Windows 10, then this is another effective procedure that you can try out to fix it. You need to repair your PC by using bootable media. In case, you have the media present then you can easily use that otherwise, you might also opt to take a fresh USB or DVD with a space of greater than 7 GB to create the bootable media.
But before proceeding with this method, you need to back up all the contents present in the media safely as they might get deleted. Now, follow the steps described underneath:
- First, you need to create bootable media. You can create it in any of the two ways, either by using Rufus or by using a media creation tool by Microsoft.
- After you have successfully created the media, now you have to insert it and boot your computer to it.
- Now, you can easily do this by going into the BIOS settings of your computer and then setting the boot priority of DVD or USB to the highest. Doing this, you will be able to find that instead of the Windows present on your hard drive, the PC or computer will prefer to boot via the media.
- After doing this, you will find that the installation window comes forth. From there, you need to select the “Repair your computer” option located at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now, when the next window appears, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Next, select the Startup Repair option and choose the operating system which you want to repair. Undoubtedly, in this case, it will be Windows 10.
- After that, just wait for the whole procedure to complete and then restart your system.
Way 3: Disable All the Connected Devices
Though disabling or disconnecting all the externally connected devices from your PC is quite a common solution to the issue, then it works. Many Windows 10 users have reported that if they encounter Windows 10 stuck on the welcome screen before login issue all of a sudden, then they disconnect all the externally connected devices from it.
This solution actually works for them. The external devices might be the USB dongles, speakers, mouse, keyboard, or even your Wi-Fi adapters as well. Hope this easy-to-apply solution will resolve the matter.
Way 4: Disconnect from the Internet
Sometimes, the reason this problem arises is internet connectivity. It generally happens when your computer is connected to the internet constantly. Therefore, when it fails to allow access, then your PC might get stuck on the welcome screen. Thus, before you proceed to log in, make sure that you are not connected to the internet.
Way 5: Run System Checks via Command Prompt
Another reason why your system encounters this Windows 10 stuck-on welcome screen issue is due to the corrupt system files on your computer. If this is the case, then you should run some system checks on your system and check if any discrepancies are present or not. You can even do that by going through the instructions provided below:
- First, you should insert the installation media into your computer.
- Then, you need to enter the Repair mode by following the steps mentioned in the solution above.
- Now, select Troubleshoot option and go to the Command Prompt via the next window which comes to display.
- Next, go to the Command Prompt window and enter the following commands:
chkdsk c: /f /r
“bootrec /fixmbr”; “bootrec /fixboot”; “bootrec /scanos”; “bootrec /rebuildbcd”
- As here all your system files are being checked, thus this process might consume some time as well. So, you should wait until all the scans are completed successfully.
Hope that by going through the aforesaid procedures and applying them carefully you will be able to get rid of the Windows 10 stuck-on welcome screen issue. If you find that the above solutions are not enough, then you can unhesitatingly boot your PC into Safe mode.
You might also opt to consult a professional to overcome this issue.