Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225 is a type of Blue Screen of Death or BSOD error which is often faced by several Windows 10 users while trying to boot the system. This error prevents the user to start the system in a proper way. If you face the same error for the first time, then it is quite a difficult task for you to fix the error by yourself. But nothing to get worried about this. Here in this article, we are going to present some amazing hacks to fix the error code 0xc0000225. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below to get rid of this annoying error.
What is Windows 10 Error Code 0xc0000225?
Before going to the solutions, it’s better to know what the problem is all about. Most of the time, the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225 occurs while booting the system. In this time, this error code comes with the notifications given below:
- Your PC needs to be repaired.
- A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed.
- An unexpected error has occurred.
Windows display the error 0xc0000225 when it fails to locate the proper system files to boot the system. These essential files include the BCD that tells the system the booting process in a proper way.
This error might also occur if some of the system files got damaged while upgrading the system from an earlier version of Windows OS. On another hand, the error code 0xc0000225 can also appear when the computer shuts down unexpectedly and started to run an update. This issue can arise when virus or malware is affecting the files of the system or if there is any defective hardware in your computer.
Important Tips to Perform:
Now, you just need some hacks to fix the error code 0xc0000225. But before that, you need to create an installation media of Windows 10. It can be utilized to repair or install Windows 10. Applying the method discussed below, you become able to download Windows 10 legally by visiting the official website of Microsoft. We are going to provide some steps which can help you to create a Windows 10 bootable USB flash disk. Using this, you can easily perform a fresh installation of Windows 10 as well as repair the problems of the system. Simply perform the steps mentioned below to create the Windows 10 Installation Media:
At first, you have to visit the official website of Microsoft. Then, download the Media Creation Program. Save it to your desired location and click twice on it to open the file.
After that, the windows will prompt you to accept the terms and conditions. Tap on the Accept button.
Now, the Media Creation Tool will take a few times in getting things ready. Then, in the next screen, choose the Create installation media (ISO file, DVD, or USB flash drive) for other systems. Tap on the Next option.
In the next window, you will notice that the Media Creation Tool has identified the Windows 10 version that you are using currently. If you wish to download the latest version of Windows 10 for your computer, then do not make any changes. However, if you wish to install or repair Windows 10 on some other system, then you have to choose the Architecture accordingly, Edition, and the Language. Then, tap on the Next.
After that, you have to choose the USB flash drive from the list. Then, tap on the Next.
Next, you have to plug the blank USB flash drive with the slot of the USB drive, that must be at least 8 GB in capacity. The, tap on the Next button.
After performing the last step, the Media Creation Program will start to download the setup files of Windows 10. After finishing this process, the USB flash drive becomes ready to utilize the Windows 10 Installation Media.
Boot the System Using USB Flash Drive (Windows Installation Media)
After preparing the Windows Installation Media, you need to boot the system from it. Because the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225 is stopping you to log in to the system. Hence, to solve this issue, you have to boot the device using the USB flash drive. To perform this, you need to modify the booting order of the system by following the steps mentioned below:
At first, you have to insert the USB Flash Drive in the slot of the USB drive. Then, turn the system on. Now, as soon as you turn on the system, press the F2 or F1 or the Delete key (depending on the manufacturer of the system) from the keyboard to access the BIOS security.
If you are not able to perform this, then you have to restart the system. Repeat the restarting process until it navigates you to the Basic Input Output System screen.
Now, you have to find the Boot menu under the BIOS screen. If you are not able to locate it, then find the ‘System Configuration’ option and tap on it. You will see the boot menu as a sub-menu of System Configuration.
Find the USB flash drive under the Boot menu and click on it. After choosing it, at first, you have to change the order. Then, confirm it by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
After choosing the USB flash disk as the main boot drive, you have to Save it. Then, exit from the Boot window.
After performing this, you have to restart the system. Now, you can boot the system with the help of the USB flash disk. After booting the system, it will navigate you to the setup screen of the Windows. Here, you will be prompted to choose the language.
How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0xc0000225? Get Some Amazing Hacks
Now, you are capable to boot the system using the Windows Flash Drive. Hence, now you can start the troubleshooting methods to fix the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225. Stick to the troubleshooting methods given below:
Solution 1: Use Windows Automatic Repair
Windows Automatic Repair is an in-build troubleshooting tool of Windows Operating System. It is one of the simplest procedures to fix the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225. This tool can help you to scan the system for any problems, and also has the ability to fix the issue. Hence, it can help you to fix the corrupted BCD, and allow you to boot the system in a proper way. To use this tool, you need to follow the steps given below:
- After booting the system using the installation media of Windows 10, you will get the Windows Setup screen.
- Select your desired language. Then, tap on the Next.
- It will transfer you to the Install Now window. Navigate to the bottom-left side of the display and click on the ‘Repair your Computer’ option.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option from the list.
- Go to the Advanced Options.
- Tap on the ‘Automatic Repair’ option.
- Now, wait for a few times until the Windows Automatic Repair tool scans the device and fix the error.
After finishing this process, you can try to boot the system properly. Now, check that the error code 0xc0000225 has gone or not. If the error persists, then move on to the solutions given below.
Solution 2: Perform an SFC or System File Checker Scan
SFC is an in-built tool of Windows OS that can help you to scan the system files as well as it can help you to repair them by itself. Hence, you should run the System File Checker to check if it can solve Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225. To run the SFC to your system, you need to perform the steps as follows:
- First, using the Windows installation media you have to boot the system.
- Then, choose your preferred language under the Windows Setup window. Tap, on the Next button.
- Tap on the ‘Repair your Computer’ option under the Install Now window. You will see the ‘Repair your Computer’ link at the bottom-left pane of the display.
- Now, click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Drive to the Advanced Options.
- Choose the option ‘Command Prompt.’
- Now, you have to enter the command ‘sfc /scannow’ on the Command Prompt window. Then, hit the Enter to run the command.
- After that, you have to wait for a few times until the System File Checker scans the system and repair the corrupted or missing files.
- After completing the scanning process, type the command ‘chkdsk c: /r.’ Replace ‘c’ with the drive that you want to scan. Hit the Enter button.
After finishing the scanning procedure, try to boot the device normally. If you face the same error, then you should perform the next method given below.
Solution 3: Build the BCD or Boot Configuration Data Again
By recreating the BCD, you can also fix the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225. Because BCD also can cause this error. Hence, you should attempt to rebuild the BCD as well as check if it can help you to boot the system manually. To perform this, you should follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to open the Command Prompt by following the same steps mentioned under Solution 2.
- After that, you have to type the command given below on the Command Prompt window:
1st: bootrec /scanos
2nd: bootrec /fixmbr
3rd: bootrec /fixboot
4th: bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Then, hit the Enter after each command to execute them.
Now, you can easily recognize the ‘missing’ system files using the 1st command. In addition, the 2nd and 3rd commands can help you to address an MBR and a new boot sector to the drive. The last or 4th command can help you to scan the system after implementing the fixes.
After finishing the above steps, you need to try to boot the system to check if the error has been resolved or not. If the error still persists, then go to the solution given below.
Solution 4: Setting the Active Partition
By arranging the active partition of the system, you are instructing the system where to boot from. But, for some specific reasons, the active partition may turn to the back one, and promoting the Windows error 0xc0000225 to occur. Hence, you need to change that as well as point the system to its actual partition. To perform this, you need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to open a Command Prompt by following the same steps mentioned under Solution 2.
- Then, you have to launch the Disk Partition tool by executing the commands given below. Hit the Enter after each command to run them.
2nd: list disk
- Now, you will see several Disk entries. Now, run the commands at once given below. Replace the ‘X’ with the HDD number.
1st: select disk X
2nd: list partition.
The 2nd command will help you to check the entire partitions of the internal drive.
- Now, you have to run the commands given below and hit the Enter after each command. Here, you have to replace the ‘X’ with the partition number.
1st: select partition X
- After that, you can close the Command Prompt window.
- Try to boot the device normally. Check whether the Windows error 0xc0000225 is resolved.
After fixing the active partition, you need to optimize the drives to get the greatest efficiency and the topmost speed. To avoid the general slowdown or long startup times, you need to fix disk fragmentation problems of your computer. The simplest method to do that is to utilize the Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro tool. This in-built tool can help you to position the optimized file on your hard disk as well as it can provide you high-speed access while booting the system and usual computer operation.
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the possible ways to fix the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225. We hope if you implement the above methods in their respective order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this error. After performing the above ways if you still face any kind of trouble, then you need to connect with a professional expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.