Windows updates can seem very uncertain sometimes for some Windows operating systems versions such as Windows 10 OS. In recent days, Windows update not working is the most frequent and general error that most of the Windows 10 OS users are facing.
Additionally, this frustrating issue may occur due to various types of minor technical bugs of the system.
However, in case you are facing the same technical flaws on the Windows 10 Operating System, then, don’t fret.
Here, in this informative post, we are about to discuss some technical hacks and easy ways by which you can easily eradicate this annoying Windows 10 update not working issue on your own within a flicker of time.
Some Common Circumstances that can Transpire with the Windows Updates
As this is the most general and frequent technical error of the Windows 10 Operating System and the Windows 10 update is not working at all on the Windows 10 OS which is not a good thing.
Since the Windows 10 updates are not only important, but the Windows updates are necessary to keep the entire system secure and error-free.
Additionally, there are several types of issues that can transpire with the Windows 10 updates.
- Windows 10 updates not working after creators upgrade.
- The Windows Update service not running problem.
- Windows Update not progressing, responding or running.
- The Windows Update not running through a proxy.
- Windows Update won’t install, download or update.
- The Windows Update won’t open, load, start Windows 10 Operating System.
- Windows Update not applicable, finding updates, connecting.
- The Windows Upgrade, not enough space.
- Windows Update taking too long, stuck, hangs.
- Corruption in the Windows 10 Update database.
- Windows Update broke.
Fix Windows Update not Downloading and not Working Issue Effectively
You may come up with the various types of ways and methods to fix this annoying technical flaw of the Windows 10 Operating System. But, you need to try some effective ways which can ensure the optimal solution in no time. Here, in this post, we are going to present you some quick troubleshooting ways and steps. So, without delaying too much, let’s get into the solutions directly.
Way 1: Perform the Steps to Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Operating System versions have a key feature to fix various types of updating issues by its own which is known as an inbuilt troubleshooter. Moreover, the Windows 10 OS includes a scanning feature tool, Troubleshooter which operates to discover and resolve the numerous Windows update technical error of the system.
By employing this effective method, you can easily resolve various types of minor technical bugs of the system. In the following section, we have described the three actions which are performed by the system troubleshooter. The actions are as follows
- At first, the Windows update troubleshooter closes the Windows update services of the system.
- The Windows update troubleshooter instructs the user to rename the folder: Software/Windows/distribution/Old. Doing this will clear the download cache of the Windows update so as to grant restarting the update services of the system.
- At last, restart the Windows update services.
Follow the Below-Described Steps to Use the Troubleshooter
Here we have described some easy steps to use the troubleshooter.
- At first, you need to go to the Start menu of the system and navigate to the troubleshooting option in the Start menu.
- Next, you need to perform the selection which comes up along with the search.
- After that, choose the System and Security option under the drop-down list of the Control Panel.
- Next, you need to tap on Resolve issues with the Windows update option under the System and Security.
- Now, the Windows upgrade prompt will open up and you need to tap on the Advanced tab option form the Windows upgrade prompt.
- Now, you need to tick on the checkbox of the Apply repairs automatically option under the advanced settings option.
- Tap on the Run as admin option and after that, you need to select the Next button to proceed further.
- Now, you need to allow the troubleshooter along with the administrative privileges assists to eliminate all the docs from the download cache. Accordingly, the troubleshooter manners and instructs you in case, if your system is unfettered from the Windows 10 download update technical error or not.
- Once all the above-described steps are complete, you need to restart the system.
Now, check the system to verify that the update not downloading issue is resolved or not. In case, if the issue still persists, then you need to sway out to the next method.
Way 2: Utilize the System Restore to Roll Back and Uninstall a Bad Update
In case you are struggling with the Windows update not downloading issue on the system, then you can easily utilize the System Restore.
To do it, you need to follow some easy steps which are described in the following section. Steps are as follows:
- At first, you need to go to the Start menu of the system and tap on it to open.
- Now, you need to choose the Settings option to open which is at the right above of the Power button.
- After that, select the Update and Security tab from the Settings option.
- Now, you will get a new window. Tap on the Update History option from the new window which is recently opened and locate the last successful update on the Windows 10 Operating System.
- Now, whenever you hit on the option, you will certainly perceive a list of updates which are installed on the system.
- You will also get the option to Uninstall the Updates under the list of available updates. You will get the Uninstall Updates option at the top of the screen. Select the Uninstall Updates option from the list.
- You will get a new window, once you tap on the Uninstall Updates option from the list. The new window will show up the recent updates that are installed on the system.
- Next, you can efficiently select to uninstall any of the available updates but continue with attention as uninstalling a decisive upgrade will drive to a system that is adequate of technical errors.
- Once all the above-described steps are complete, you need to restart the system.
Finally, check the system and verify that the updating issue is resolved or not. In case the technical error still averting you to update the system, then you should move out to the next fmethod.
Way 3: Ensure that All Services Related to Windows Update are Running
The Windows 10 update not working issue can be efficiently remedied by making ensure that all the services which are especially related to the Windows 10 update are enabled and working properly on the system. To make sure and perform this action, you need to follow some easy steps.
- At first, you need to press and hold down the Windows key and at the same time, you need to press and hold down the R key on your keyboard. This process will invoke the Run Dialog Box on the system.
- Now, you need to write ‘Services.msc’ in the Run Dialog Box and tap on the Go button. Alternatively, you can press the Enter key on your keyboard to proceed further.
- Next, locate and right-click on the Windows Update service.
buy prednisone online www.islington-chiropractic.co.uk/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/prednisone.html no prescription
After that, you need to tap on the Properties option.
- Now, you need to set the services of the startup type to Automatic. In case the services are stopped, you need to tap on the Start button to begin the process and choose the Apply button.
- Once all the above-described steps are complete, tap on the OK button to proceed further.
- After that, you need to find and tap on the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) option and tap on the Properties option.
- Now, set the services of the startup type to Automatic. In case the services are stopped, you need to tap on the Start button to begin the process and choose the Apply button. Choose the OK button to proceed further.
- Now, you need to find and right-click on the Cryptographic Service and tap on the Properties.
- Set the services of the startup type to Automatic. If the services are stopped, you need to tap on the Start button to begin the process and choose the Apply button. Choose the OK button to proceed further.
- Once all the steps are complete, you need to close the utility and restart the system.
Finally, check the system and verify to see that the issue is fixed or not. If the issue still persists, then you need to move out to the next troubleshooting method.
Way 4: Resolve the Update Issue Via an Elevated Command Prompt
In case none of the troubleshooting hacks listed above worked, then you must try this method to get rid of this annoying technical error of the Windows 10 Operating System.
- At first, you need to go to the Start menu of the system and tap on it to open. After that, you need to open the WinX menu from the Start menu.
- Tap on the Command Prompt (Admin) under the WinX menu.
buy intagra online www.islington-chiropractic.co.uk/wp-includes/sitemaps/providers/php/intagra.html no prescription
- Now, you need to write the following commands one by one under the elevated Command Prompt. Press the Enter key after each command. The commands are – net stop wuauserv, net stop cryptSvc, net stop bits, net stop msiserver, ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old, ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old, net start wuauserv, net start cryptSvc, net start bits and net start msiserver.
- Whenever all of the commands scheduled above section have been thoroughly accomplished, then you need to close the Command Prompt.
- You need to restart the system for good measure.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned five solutions are apt and compelling enough to eradicate the Windows update not downloading and not working issue if applied up to the mark. However, if you face any confusion or trouble while executing the above-mentioned steps, please let us know in the comment section below.