While browsing the internet, security is one of the most important factors. But sometimes, while accessing your favorite site, an error message frequently pop up on the system screen saying that ‘Your connection is not secure’.
There are various causes of this annoying situation. Some of the major reasons are as follows: an incorrect date and time of your device, antivirus problem, caches present in the Firefox, outdated Firefox web browser.
So, if you frequently encounter the same issue, don’t worry. This would be really frustrating. Hence, follow the tried-and-true troubleshooting methods in order to get rid of this error correctly.
How to Fix Your Connection is not Secured Firefox?
Here are 5 fixes that you can try out to resolve the problem easily and quickly. Let’s get started with the first solution.
Fix 1: Check the Date and Time of the System
In case your computer’s time and date are not accurate, there is a high possibility that you can get this type of error message.
However, you can easily fix the problem by setting the date and time of your device.
#1. First, press the Windows key and R key at the same time to launch the Run window. Thereafter, type ‘control’ in the Run box and hit the Enter key to open up the Control Panel section.
#2. Thereafter, move to the Date and Time section and then click on the Change Time Zone to set your zone or region. Click on the OK button to save the changes. Next, set the Date manually and click on the OK button to apply the changes.
After successfully setting up the date and time properly, check whether you are encountering the same error message or not.
Fix 2: Turn Off the Antivirus Software
There are several antiviruses that provide additional security to your device and prevent you to access the website on Firefox. In such situations, you need to disable the third-party antivirus software for accessing such a website.
Go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
At first, launch the antivirus software on your device and then move to the Settings section. Thereafter, click on the Disable/Enable the Antivirus software.
Now, with the help of the toggle switch, you can turn off the antivirus software. After disabling the antivirus software, try to access the web page and check if the same error message pops up or not. Otherwise, move to the next solutions.
Fix 3: Delete the cert8.db File
A certain number of people have reported that they encounter the error message when the cert8.db file is damaged or corrupted due to some reasons. In this case, delete the file from your device.
Follow the steps described in the section below.
- At first, close Firefox completely. Now, launch the Run window by pressing Window + R key.
- After that, enter ‘%appdata%’ in the Run box and hit the Enter button to open up the Roaming folder.
- After that, move to the \Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ section. Now, choose the profile folder and find out the cert8.db file.
- Next, click on the Delete button to remove the file from your device.
After completing the steps, restart the system and check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Fix 4: Turn Off SSL3 Preferences
In case the above-mentioned methods failed to delete the Firefox Your connection is not secure’ error message then you need to reset the SSL in the preference section and check whether this solution helps to resolve the problem or not.
Perform these steps to follow:
- At first, launch the Firefox on your device and then type ‘about: config’ in the address area and hit the Enter button.
- Now, at the top of the window, you will find the search bar. Type SSL3 in the search bar and wait for the result.
- Therefore, change both the values to ‘false’ with the help of the toggle keys. After that, choose the Menu button and then click on the Help button. Next, click on the ‘Troubleshooting information’.
- Now, select the ‘Application Basics’ under the heading and click on it to open up the ‘Open Folder’ option.
- Afterward, run the database file of ‘crt8.db’ in order to update it. After doing so, exit from the Mozilla Firefox before running the files.
Now, restart the Firefox and check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Fix 5: Turn On ‘Auto-Detect Proxy’ and Refresh Mozilla Firefox
If all the methods mentioned in the above section have failed to resolve the problem then you need to turn on the ‘auto-detect proxy’ server in the Mozilla Firefox.
Due to this, the web browser easily recognizes the proxy server that you are using but it is unknown to you.
Here are the steps on how to turn on the ‘auto-detect proxy’ and then refresh the Mozilla Firefox.
- First, press the Menu icon present in the top-right side of the system screen. After that, click on the General section and then click on the Settings section under the ‘Network Proxy’ section.
- After that, choose the option ‘Auto-detect proxy settings for this network’. Then, click on the OK button to save the changes. Finally, click on the Exit button.
- Thereafter, close the Mozilla Firefox and give it a fresh start.
Hopefully, after doing so, you will no longer be able to encounter the same issue.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Mozilla Firefox
The last method is to uninstall the Mozilla Firefox and reinstall it with the fresh version. To do that, go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
#1. First, press the Start button and then move to the Programs and Features section. Then, locate the Mozilla Firefox from the list and right-click on it.
#2. Now, a pop-up message will appear on the system screen. Click on the Agree button and due to this, the web browser will automatically uninstall from your device.
#3. Next, restart the system and then open any default web browser and download the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox for your device.
After downloading the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox, install it on your device.
Wait until the process gets completed. Finally, restart the system and give a fresh start to the Mozilla Firefox web browser.
These are some effective formulas that you might apply in order to resolve ‘your connection is not secure firefox’. Read on all the steps and then decide which one is in favor of you.