Epson is one of the top-rank printer manufacturers available around the market. However, it does not denote that this device is completely out of error. Are you getting Epson printer error code 0xf1? Worry not, it is a very common glitch and can be resolved with a few methods. Moreover, there are a lot of factors responsible for this error to occur. There may be many such queries which may run on your mind, just after you get the error. Therefore, it is better to go through this article to get the answer to your queries. From this article, you will get to know why you are getting error 0xf1 along with the solutions to overcome this error. So, let’s proceed through the details of this article.
Why I am Getting the Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1?
As said earlier, there are several reasons which can result in Epson error 0xf1. Thus, if you really want to know the probable causes for it, then check out the below lines of this section.
- Paper jam: Paper jamming is the top-most factor responsible for the Epson printer error code 0xf1. If it occurs then the printer head will stop to move and in place of the printing processing window, you will get the error message.
- A lack of maintenance of the printer device: Due to a deficiency of maintenance, the printer head part of the device may get jammed with dust or any other foreign particles. Thus, though the printer turns on, you are not eligible to do a printing job.
- Printer software glitch: If there is any problem with the printer software, this can get you the error code 0xf1.
Learn How to Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1 With Probable Solutions:
If you get an error 0xf1 and searching for the methods to solve it, then check out these below sections. In the below sections, the complete guidelines are discussed by the application of which you can solve Epson printer error code 0xf1 efficiently.
Method 1: Check Paper Jam
Firstly, check if any small piece(s) of paper is jamming your printer parts or not. And if, then this will be the reason you are getting the issue. There are several parts of the printer which you need to check and the procedures to do this are listed below.
Check Input Tray of the Printer
To begin with, at first, press the Power button of the Epson printer to turn it on if it is not already. Then, unplug the power cord from its place of the printer body, while the printer is on. After that, look at the input tray of the printer to verify any remnants of paper gets stuck here or not. If there is any, then plug out the paper gently without damaging any part. You may need to take the help of a soft brush to do the cleaning task in a gentle manner. This will help you to dust the printer along with the paper piece eradicating job.
Once you remove the paper particles from the inner tray, reconnect the power cord. Next, try to print a document to check if the error gets resolved. But it is better to verify the solution after trying all the procedures under this “Check Paper Jam” sector.
Check Epson Output Tray
After verifying the input tray, now it turns to the out tray verification for the paper jam. For this, at first, you need to turn off the printer. After that, detach the power cord. Next, by locating the output tray, check if any tiny piece of paper is stuck over here or not. If there is any, then remove the paper piece(s) gently. Also, check the paper feed rollers, and the printer roller to remove the paper particles along with the dust to solve Epson printer error code 0xf1. To know the steps, continue these further paragraphs.
Clean both the Paper Feed Rollers
After turning off and disconnecting the power cord of the printer, open the input tray up. Then, disassemble it to get the gray paper pick rollers. Once you find the rollers, clean it with the help of a lint-free cloth. Next, reconnect the power cord and switch on the printer to check if the matter gets sorted.
Free the Printer Roller from Tiny Particles
To do this job, at first, take all the papers out from the input tray. Then, go to the Settings option of the printer’s Control panel and select OK. Now, under the Settings window, get the “Tools” option, and tap on it. Next, choose the OK button. Further, from the Control Panel options, select Clean Paper Feed and tap on OK. After that, keep waiting until the printer stops completely.
Once all these procedures are completed, try for a fresh printing job to verify if the problem gets resolved. As said earlier that you can check the solution as a final result after you clean your printer completely by following the above steps, though it is not mandatory. You can try the verification after each procedure as well, it may consume less time. Furthermore, if the problem gets identified quicker or else, the case will get reversed.
Method 2: Run the Printer Troubleshooter
After cleaning the printer parts as said above, if you still getting the Epson printer error code 0xf1, then proceed on to verify the problem using the Printer Troubleshooter. The steps to perform this job are as below.
- At first, open the search bar by pressing down the Windows key once.
- Then, on the Search bar, type Control and hit the Enter key. This will get you the Control Panel window.
- Now, navigate to the Troubleshooting section and click on it.
- After that, select See all the options, which you will get on the left-hand side.
- Now, click on the printer device, under the “Printing” section. Once you do, the system will start to run the Troubleshooting. This process will not take much time to show you the identified result.
- As you get the Troubleshooting result, fix the problem accordingly.
- After that, restart both the computer and the printer to get the problem fixed.
Method 3: Reinstall the Printer
Many of the time, it has been discovered that after cleaning the printer as in Method 1, the problem gets sorted. But after trying both the methods as above, if the error still does not stop gets in your way, then hopefully, after you reinstall the printer software in your device the problem may get resolved. Follow the steps as stated below to perform this task.
- First of all, use both the Windows and the letter R key at a time, to get the Run bar open. You will see it open near to the Windows search bar.
- Now, on the Run bar, type Control and then click on OK. This will get you the Control Panel window open on the screen.
- Then, locate the “ View by” section on this Control Panel window, you will see it near to the top right corner. See whether it is already set as Large icons and if not, then you need to change it to the same. For this, drop down the menu bar which is beside the “View by” section, and select on Large icons.
- After that, from this transformed Control Panel, search for the “Devices and Printers” option and click on it.
- Next, under the “Printers and Faxes” section, select the Epson printer with which you are getting the issue and right-click on it.
- Then, from the appearing menu window, select the “Remove device” option. Also, click on the OK button, if you see the confirmation window.
- Now, close all the open windows on your PC and restart it.
- Now, as the computer gets on an attempt to add the printer. To learn the steps which you need to follow for adding the printer to continue with these below lines.
Add a Printer
Follow steps 1 to 4 as above to open the Devices and Printers section window. At the left top of this window, you will see an option as “Add a printer”, click on it. Then, a window gets pop-up with the options as below for a selection of “What type of printer do you want to install?”
- Add a local printer
- Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
Select the printer type you are using and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer Installation successfully. After which hopefully, you can use the Epson printer without getting the error message 0xf1.
All these above are the ways to solve the Epson printer error code 0xf1. Hopefully, after a complete study of this article, you can continue the methods to solve the problem as many others are already doing.