Your computer examines all the installed components when you make an attempt to reboot. It comes with a code when it finds a problem. This code is basically a series of beeps visible from the Caps lock button. You will find a blink code on the manufacturer’s website. For certain devices like laptop, computer, built by HP is equipped with blinking error codes which helps you to find out the portion that is the main cause of concern. This issue is mainly associated with HP computers. However, there are some smart hacks available to combat this annoying issue. Follow this informative user guide to know how to get rid of this HP laptop caps lock blinking and no screen issue.
Prominent Causes Which Led to Caps Lock Blinking and No Screen Error:
Since this issue creates a lot of mess, so first, you need to understand the underlying reasons behind this issue before moving ahead. Below are some of the prominent causes of HP laptop caps lock blinking and no screen issues.
CPU or Motherboard Issue
When you tap the Power button on your PC, the system will do a thorough internal check to ensure everything is working fine or not. CPU is the mitochondria of the computer and if it fails to work the entire system will collapse. Therefore, you need to replace the faulty CPU with a working one.
BIOS is the basic software which is an in-built one and it tells you what you are doing. As a result, you can update BIOS using the latest version present on the manufacturer’s website. However, owing to some obvious catastrophic failure, altering BIOS is the ultimate option. But this requires some prior knowledge and only possible by tech-savvy individuals.
Basic Troubleshooting Solutions to Resolve Laptop Caps Lock Blinking and No Screen Error:
Solution 1: Soft Reset Computer
- First and foremost thing is to turn off the laptop. After that, you need to remove the cover.
- Next, detach the power cable from the laptop. Then, you need to disconnect the CMOS battery from the slot where you have placed the RAM.
- Moreover, replace the battery from the laptop if this is not detachable. As a result, the connection from the battery to the motherboard is subjected to removal.
- Now, click on the Power button and wait for a few seconds.
- Finally, you need to connect the CMOS battery and then turn off the laptop.
Solution 2: Running Diagnostics
- First, turn off the laptop and press F10 continuously till the BIOS menu appear.
- Moreover, hover on to the Diagnostics option from the BIOS menu and start diagnostics.
- After that, examine that portion of the P.C which is not functioning as per diagnostics.
- Finally, you need to open the Back panel of the PC. After that, reset the cleaning part which is the major cause behind this problem and then examine.
How to Resolve HP Laptop 8740w Blinking Power Light Won’t Turn on Issue?
First, you need to install the BIOS with the help of an attached USB. This will help you to keep a backup of the files you saved on your system.
Another method is to access the hard reset option on your system. Resetting can fix a lot of options especially when it comes to errors like HP laptop power button flashing won’t turn on. However, resetting can erase all your saved data thus make sure to keep backup files of the important documents in a memory card. In order to reset the system, you need to follow the below steps thoroughly.
- First, start with the adapter and then press the Power button.
- Now, you need to remove the battery from its place and see if the light is still blinking.
- If it does, contact a technician to resolve this as this may damage other parts of the laptop too.
There are some other annoying errors along with HP laptop caps lock blinking and no screen issue also gets resolved if you wish to reset your system. However, if you are not sure about how to do the steps, then it is always recommended to get some expert help. An expert has all the necessary troubleshooting remedies that will always work in your aid.
This article will help you with the basic troubleshooting steps as well as other hacks to prevent HP laptop caps lock blinking and no screen issues. By following the above-mentioned steps carefully, you can easily get rid of this annoying error. Moreover, you can also refer the user guide to have a quick glance. You can provide your valuable feedback in the comment section below.