PS4 is one of the best gaming platforms, However, the launch of PS5 affects the sale of PS4 but still, the PS4 users are satisfied with the gaming console, There are a lot of PS4 Crossplay games that you can play on multiple gaming platforms like Xbox one. Nowadays users are facing issues with the PS4 controller, So here we come with a quick guide to fix Controller Flashing White Light.
Traitement de la dysfonction érectile – Cette injection de cellules souches pourrait remplacer le Viagra gel viagra kamagra prix du viagra token aujourd’hui, viagra en usd en direct, capitalisation boursière et graphique | coinmarketcapPS4 controller flashing white indicates that the controller is running into an unresponsive state. This phenomenon is generally caused by two causes. One of them is a low battery and the other one is the device is trying to connect with the PlayStation 4 but failed to do so.
PS4 is a Sony product and if you have more Sony products you should read the Sony Users Manuals here. If you are stuck with the same problem and unaware of how to solve it, you can follow the section hereunder to get rid of it.
Effective Methods to Solve PS4 Controller Flashing White Light [6 Easy Hacks]
There are several ways to solve this problem. Here, we are going to cover the most recommended ones. So, you can follow the troubleshooting ways provided below:
Fix 1: Reset the Controller
You can solve this issue easily by resetting the PS4 controller. It has a small Reset button located at the backside of the device. You can follow the below steps to reset the controller:
- At first, press the Reset button by using a small pin. Hold the pin for a minimum of 3-5 seconds. The device will turn on and you will see that the white light starts to blink.
- Once you complete the resettings process, turn the device off and wait for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Now, turn the device On once again. Then, try to connect with the console to check if the issue is resolved.
Otherwise, you can move on to the other ways provided below.
Fix 2: Using the PS4 and Share Button
Another solution that you can try is to press the PS4 and Share button. To do this, first, press the Share and PS button both at the same time.
Hold them until the PlayStation 4 turns On. Once the controller turns On, you can check if they are working fine and it is responding to each command.
If you see that the problem is still unresolved, you can perform the other ways provided below.
Fix 3: Using the Micro USB Cables
You can also use a Micro USB cable to connect the PS4 controller wirelessly. It can help you to establish a secure connection and once you are able to execute this method, you can switch back to Bluetooth.
So, try to power cycle the controller to reset the wrong configurations of the device. Here’s how you can do this:
- First, power down the device from the front of the console. Then, put the device in Sleep mode.
- Disconnect the power cable from the power supply after the lights start disappearing from the console.
- Afterward, press the Power button of the device and hold it for a minimum of 25-35 seconds. Make sure that the power is drained.
- Next, connect the device to the PS4 using a micro USB cable. Start it up and press any button.
Hopefully, the controller will be detected by the device and it will start to work normally. Else, perform the next solution discussed below.
Fix 4: Using a Second Controller
You can use any other controller to solve this issue. Make some changes in the settings of the device and try to connect it to the original controller that is blinking white. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
- First of all, connect the second controller with the console and then confirm that it is working.
- Afterward, implement the following steps by using the second controller:
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Go to the Devices category.
- Choose the ‘Bluetooth Devices’ option.
3. Now, confirm that only the active controller is present in this window.
4. Thereafter, press the Share and PS button simultaneously on the controller that is not working. Hold it for a few seconds until you see that the light bar is flashing twice (every second).
5. Next, choose the non-working controller by using the working controller. It will show the ‘Please wait’ message and you can now try to pair it with the device.
6. Now, it will ask you to connect a new device. Once you are done, press the Yes button to complete the process.
After performing the above steps, if you see that the issue is still not resolved, you can use the Safe Mode to solve this issue.
Fix 5: Using Safe Mode
Safe Mode enables users to perform advanced diagnostics and also helps in resetting databases, upgrading firmware, etc.
Since you are unable to use the Playstation because the controller is not working, you can enable the Safe Mode to check if it helps you to solve this issue. Enter the Safe mode by performing the steps as follows:
Note: Before applying the below steps, you need to save the data and configurations of the PlayStation 4 as there is a chance of data loss.
At first, turn off the device by pressing the Power button located at the front panel of the PS4. At this time, you will see that the power indicator will blink a few times.
Now, press the Power button once again and hold it until you hear two beep sounds. Usually, you will hear the first beep when you press the Power button initially. And the other beep will be heard after holding it for at least 6-8 seconds.
Afterward, you have to connect the PS4 controller with a USB cable. Then, press the Playstation button of the controller. Now, it will start to run into the Safe Mode.
Once you enter into the Safe Mode, choose the ‘Rebuild Database’ option. Afterward, it will start to scan the entire drive and will create a new database of the content. Depending on the amount of data, it will take a few times to complete the process.
After entering the Safe Mode, if you see that the issue is still not resolved, you can try the next solution stated below.
Fix 6: Update the Controller Driver
If the device driver is outdated or if it is missing, then it can also create problems while you are using the PS4 controller. So, you can update the driver of the PS4 to solve this ps4 controller blinking issue.
To do this, first, you have to uninstall the device and driver on the system and then reinstall it to have a complete update.
How to Uninstall the Device and Driver of the PS4 Controller?
- First of all, press the R and Win key simultaneously from the keyboard to open the Run Command box.
- Then, type “devmgmt.msc” in the input field. Afterward, click on the OK button to open the Device Manager.
- Search for the PS4 device by scrolling down the list of options and right-click on it. Now, choose the ‘Uninstall device’ option from the list.
- Next, tick the ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ box and tap on the Uninstall button once again.
- Lastly, disconnect the device from the system and reboot the system to apply the changes.
Now, the PS4 driver is uninstalled.
How to Reinstall the PS4 Device and Driver?
Once the PC starts, reconnect the PS4 with your computer. The system will detect the PS4 and install the device. Now, you have to install the proper driver for the device.
Visit the official website of the manufacturer and search for the latest driver for the device. Once you get that, download and install that on the PC.
After completing the installation process, restart the system to save the changes and check if the issue is fixed.
Hopefully, if you execute the above ways in their corresponding order, then it will help you to solve this problem. If you want to read more about similar topics, you can follow our website regularly.