Quicken is one of the best free money management tools and is quite familiar globally due to its exceptional features. But still, it is not free from occasional glitches. Quicken error Ol-301-A is one of the common errors faced by several users. This error appears if you type an incorrect username and password. This error code also occurs if there are any problems with the financial organisation while utilizing Direct Connect. This situation needs a financial organisation to perform a solution.
This error also occurs due to null or invalid data transfer from a financial organization or bank whenever you are trying to get the details of your last transaction from the server. If you are also in the same condition, then nothing to be get worried about. Here in this article, we are going to provide some amazing tips and tricks which can help you to fix this issue. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below.
What Causes the Quicken Error Ol-301-A?
Before going to the solution, the first thing the user needs to know is the causes behind the Quicken error Ol-301-A. Follow the main causes given below due to which this error code occurs, while accessing your Quicken account to manage the commercial statement:
- Due to the unfinished installation of Quicken software, you can face this error.
- Because of any changes in Quicken software package, this error can arise.
- You can also face this error if you delete any written account tool of the Quicken software.
- If the Windows system files become corrupted by malware or virus, then it might be the reason behind the issue.
- If you enter wrong Quicken code to connect the program files of this software, then you might face this error.
- Some users face this issue due to the server problem.
- During a payment process, if you prevent it before the completion of the process, then you might encounter this error.
Now, you are aware of the root causes of this error. Match your current situation with the above points and identify the specific reason for your issue. Now, you just need some hacks to fix the error.
3 Easy Hacks to Fix Quicken Error ol-301-A
There is a lot of ways to fix the Quicken error Ol-301-A. Have a look at the instructions provided below and follow them in the same manner one-by-one. Then, you will see that the issue has been fixed automatically.
Step 1: Refresh the Settings of the Quicken Profile
If you have upgraded the Quicken software earlier to 2018 from an older version, then you might face the error code Ol-301-A. To fix Quicken Error ol-301-A, you need to perform some branding and profile setting refresh or changes. To perform this, first, you have to remove all the temporary Internet files from the system. You should perform the steps to do so:
- At first, you have to find the Online Center by navigating to the Tools menu.
- Then, click on the dropdown arrow button of the financial organisation. Select the proper financial organisation.
- Now, you have to hit the Ctrl and Shift keys both at the same time from the keyboard. Choose the ‘Contact Info’ option from the new window.
- Navigate to the dropdown menu to select your account linked with the financial organisation or with the bank.
- Here you will see a list. Select the particular ‘Financial Institution Branding and Profile’ from the list. Then, tap on the ‘Refresh’ button.
- When you tap on the ‘Update/Send’ button, then you will be navigated to the Online Center. Hence, you need to make sure that you are connected with a secure Internet connection.
- After that, you need to begin the new online session to complete the transaction.
Step 2: Delete the Temporary Internet Files
For the different Windows Operating System, the procedure of removing the Internet temporary files are altered. Hence, we are going to provide all of the possible steps for different Operating System. Stick to the steps given below:
For Windows 10 Users:
The users of the Windows 10 Operating System, need to follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and tap on the Start logo.
- Click on the ‘Windows System folder’ under the Start menu. Then, click on the ‘Control Panel’.
- Tap on the option ‘Internet’ to find the ‘Network and Internet’ section.
- Navigate to the General tab. Click on the ‘Browser History’ option. Here, the user can simply delete the Internet history by tapping on the ‘Delete’ option.
- Then, select the ‘Delete all’ option. Then, tap on the ‘Yes’ button. It will confirm that you want to remove all the Internet history from the browser of the system.
- Now, tap on the ‘Ok’ button.
- Choose the option ‘Delete all’. Tap on the ‘Yes’ button. It will confirm that you wish to remove all the information from the system. Then, tap on the ‘Ok’ button.
Now, all the temporary Internet files will be removed completely from the Windows 10 Operating System. Then, you can easily access your Quicken account without encountering any error.
Alternative Ways for Windows 10 Users:
If you are not able to locate or view the Control Panel from the Start menu, then you need to perform the steps provided below to remove the temporary files from the system:
- At first, go to the Start menu.
- Then, you have to choose the ‘File Explorer’ option.
- Now, you will see the ‘C’ option. Right-click on it. Choose the ‘Properties’ option from the list.
- Tap on the ‘Enter’ button from the Disk Cleanup window.
- Next, you have to tick the ‘Temporary Internet Files’ box and untick the option ‘Best’.
- Then, tap on the OK button.
- After that, you need to tap on the ‘Delete Files’ option to delete the temporary Internet files from the system.
Delete Temporary Internet Files in Windows 7 or Windows 8:
If you are a user of Windows 7 or Windows 8 Operating System, then you should follow the steps given below:
- At first, you have to navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, look at the left side of the Start menu. There you will see the option ‘Control Panel’. If you are unable to see the option, then type ‘Control Panel’ in the search field and click on the ‘Control Panel’ as the search result.
- Now, navigate to the left upper corner of the screen and click on the ‘Network and Internet’ tab. Then, you have to find the ‘Internet’ option from the list and tap on it.
- Go to the General tab and click on the ‘Browsing History’ option. Tap on the option ‘Delete’.
- Now, a window will prompt to confirm your decision. Tap on the ‘Yes’ button to confirm it.
- After that, tap on the ‘Ok’ button. It will start to delete all the temporary Internet files from your computer.
Step 3: Update the Account Transactions
After deleting the temporary Internet files from the system, you need to update the transactions of your Quicken account. To perform this, you need to have a glance at the steps given below:
- At first, you have to navigate to the ‘Open Tools’ option.
- Then, tap on the ‘One Step Update’ option.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Account’ tab.
- After that, you need to choose the option ‘Update Now’ to initiate the updating process.
When you have successfully updated the transaction of your account, then you have to log in to your Quicken account again to operate the Quicken account in a proper way. Now, you need to check whether the Quicken error OL-301-A is resolved. Now, you can use your Quicken account happily without facing any problems.
In the above discussion, we have provided some of the possible ways to fix the Quicken Error Ol-301-A. We hope if you implement the above ways in their given order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this error. After successfully performing the above methods, if you still face any kind of trouble, then you need to connect with a professional expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this article.