Recently, many users have gotten the error 0x87dd0006 while trying to sign in to their Xbox One. As a result, they were unable to access the services. This can occur due to improper billing information, network issues or faulty updates. Thus, you might find difficulty while logging onto the device. In hindsight, one of the following reasons could be the reason behind this problem as well.
- Corrupted Xbox One Profile
- Improper or Modified Billing Information
- Poor Network Connection
- Xbox Live Server is Down
- Outdated Console and/or Controller
Solutions to Fix the Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006
Here, you will get the required solutions to fix the error 0x87dd0006. You may follow any of the below methods to resolve the error. You can readily move to the next solution if the previous one doesn’t work.
Solution 1 – Checking The Xbox Live Status
If you find Xbox One won’t let you sign in with error 0x87dd0006, then you have to check the status of your Xbox live services. You can check this by visiting the official website of the Xbox One.
If the services are down, then you need to wait for some time until and unless Microsoft fixes the issue from their end. But if the Xbox One services are fine and you are still getting the error then try other solutions below.
Solution 2 – Restarting The Modem/ Router
You can also restart your Modem or Router to fix the error 0x87dd0006. Sometimes network misconfiguration may interrupt the Xbox one system. Hence, restarting them often works. You may follow the steps below to restart your Modem/ Router.
- First, switch off your Xbox device and also turn off your modem by pressing the power button.
- Then, wait for 30+ seconds after switching off the modem. Therefore, again switch on the modem by pressing the power button and wait for some time.
- Finally, you can switch on your Xbox one device and check if the error 0x87dd0006 occurs or not.
Solution 3 – Checking The Billing Information
Sometimes improper billing information may cause the error 0x87dd0006. It might be due to the payment issue or other incorrect information. So, you need to rectify and cross verify the billing information for fixing the error. You may follow the below steps to check it.
- First, navigate to your Microsoft account and go to the Payment and billing section.
- Then, select the Billing info option and choose Edit Profile.
- After that, just follow the on-screen instruction to rectify and update the billing information.
Solution 4 – Updating The Console
An outdated console may generate the Xbox assists 0x87dd0006 error and interrupt the system. So, you need to update it to its latest version to fix the error. Hence, follow these steps below to update the Console.
- Firstly, open the guide by pressing the Xbox button. Then, visit the Settings option and choose all of the Settings.
- Thereafter, go to the system and then tap to the Updates menu.
- Finally, choose the Update console and check if there are any updates available. If updates are available, then follow the instructions to download and install it.
After that, restart your console to check if you are still facing the problem or not.
Solution 5 – Updating The Controller
If the above methods don’t work, then you can update the Xbox One controller to fix the error 0x87dd0006. This procedure is quite simple and you can do it in different ways. So, take a glance at the steps for wireless updates.
- Firstly, choose the Settings option by pressing the Menu button from the Xbox one controller.
- Then go to the Device & Accessories and choose your controller for updating it.
- Therefore, choose the option Update and click on Continue. Now, wait for some time until the update process is done.
But note that if the controller is not suitable for wireless updates then you have to do it using the USB cable. So, follow the steps below.
- First, connect your Xbox console with the controller via the USB cable. Then you will get some instructions on your screen.
- But if you do not get the instructions then just press the Menu button and go to the Settings section.
- Therefore, choose your controller going to the device & Accessories option.
- Finally, tap to the Update option to update the controller.
You can also update the controller via your computer. Thus, you can follow these steps to do so.
- Firstly, go to the Windows Store and download Xbox Accessories. Then start the app and connect the controller with your computer using a USB cable.
- Once you connect the controller you may get a message ‘Update Required’ (if any updates are required).
- Therefore, just install the new version to update it. Then you can check if there is an error or not.
Solution 6 – Removing Your Profile
Sometimes the corrupted profile may generate the error 0x87dd0006. So, in order to fix the problem, you need to delete your Xbox one profile and re-add it again. You can follow the steps below to do the task.
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button from the controller. Then choose the System menu and visit the Settings option.
- Then go to the Accounts section and choose to Remove accounts. There, choose your account and press the Remove button to delete it.
Now, you need to add the account once again. So, take a glance at the steps.
- Open the guide once again using the Xbox button. Then choose your avatar and choose the ‘Add New’ button.
- Then, you need to enter your credentials for logging in. Thereafter, click the checkbox of Service and Privacy terms to agree.
- After that, manage your Xbox One account by following the given instructions.
Solution 7 – Delete Saved Wi-Fi Network
Sometimes the users have sorted this problem by deleting the saved Wi-Fi information. So, you can try this method to fix the error 0x87dd0006. You just need to log out from all accounts and then go to the connection settings to choose the option ‘Forget Wi-Fi’’.
Therefore, switch off your Xbox one device and then again switch it on and connect to the Wi-Fi. Now, you can try to sign in to the account and check if the error 0x87dd0006 is fixed or not.
With the help of these solutions, you will be able to fix the Xbox One error 0x87dd0006. Moreover, these will help to make your Xbox system much smoother and better in terms of performance. Hence, you will be able to enjoy your games in a much enjoyable experience.