In today’s modern age of digitalization, Email service is one of the fundamental needs of communication. A number of business organizations take the help of the email for various purposes. Users are allowed to access the Gmail service both on the web browser and through the Gmail mobile app on the Android and iOS platforms. Despite the fact that the Gmail service is an extremely basic, natural and simple to utilize service, it’s not free from issues. Once in a while, when using the Gmail service, you may get over the Gmail Authentication error.
Therefore, if you are struggling with this Gmail error on your account and are in search of a solution, then you can put an end to your search. Here, in this article, you will get to know the hacks that can resolve your Gmail issue in an instant. Also here in this article, we will discuss some of the causes that can lead to the Gmail error to occur. Therefore, without wasting any more time, let us proceed to the rest of the section of this article.
Probable Causes of the Gmail Authentication Error
Now, in this section, you will get to know what causes the Gmail authentication error. Therefore, having a good knowledge of the causes of the error helps to easily evaluate the issue. Hence, follow the points that are given below in order to know the causes of the issue:
- If your Gmail account is not verified by Google, then you can receive the Gmail issue message.
- Also, when you have enter incorrect email ID or password, then also you can get the Gmail error on the Gmail account login page.
- In another case, if the Gmail servers are down, then also you can get the Gmail issue on your Gmail account.
- Having a lot of cache files and cookies in the web browser can also be a reason for the Gmail error.
- If you have made incorrect settings in the firewall or antivirus, then also you can get the Gmail authentication error on your system screen.
- An improper Gmail server setting from the client side can also lead to the occurrence of the Gmail issue.
Therefore, these were some of the causes that can give way to the Gmail error. However, there can be other causes that can lead to the occurrence of the Gmail authentication issue. As you now have the knowledge of the causes, we will proceed to the solution part of the article.
Follow the Top Hacks for Resolving the Gmail Authentication Error
Now, in this section of the article, you will get the best and top class hacks that help you to fix this Gmail issue easily. We recommend that you follow up all the fixing steps so that you get the best results for the Gmail issue. Hence, let us directly jump into the hacks that are given down below:
Hack 1: Enable the Less Secure Apps Option
In the first hack of the fixing process, you can resolve this Gmail issue by enabling the Less Secure Apps option of the Gmail account. However, if in case you are not aware of the steps of the process, then we are here to help you out.
- In the first step, open any web browser and then you have to open your Gmail account. You have to login into your Gmail account if you have not done so.
- Now, when the Gmail account opens, you have to go to the Profile section of your account.
- Once inside the Profile section of your Gmail account, you have to select the Google Account button. This action will open up the Google Account page.
- In the next step, you have to select the Sign-in & Security option.
- After that, you have to scroll down and find the Apps with account access option. On finding the Apps with account access option you have to click on it.
- Next, locate the ‘Allow less secure apps panel’ option. In the next step, you have to toggle the option to the ON state.
- After performing all the above steps, you have to check if still, you are getting the Gmail error on your Gmail account.
Therefore, this is how you can enable the ‘less secure Apps’ option on your Gmail account. We hope that you are now able to fix the Gmail authentication issue on your own. However, if in case you are still struggling with the Gmail issue, then you can follow up the next hack in order to resolve the issue.
Hack 2: Enable the POP Download Option or the IMAP Access
Here, in the second hack of the fixing process, you will have to enable the POP Download option or the IMAP access on your Gmail account. Enabling this option has helped many users to fix the issue. Therefore, you can try to perform this hack. However, if you do not know the steps of this process then don’t have to worry. Here, you can follow the steps that are given down below:
- First of all, you have to open your system’s web browser, and then you have to login into your Gmail account.
- When your Gmail account opens, you have to select the Gear icon on the top right corner of the web page.
- After that, from the list of options, you have to select the Settings option. Now, the Settings window of your Gmail account will open.
- In the next step, you have to select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.
- Now, you have to enable the POP option or the IMAP option as per your wish. When you have done it, you have to click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the window.
- Finally, you can now check if the Gmail issue is still there or not.
Hence, these were the steps that you can follow to enable the POP and IMAP options. Now, we expect that you were able to fix the Gmail authentication error on your own. If in case the Gmail error is still troubling you, then you can follow the next section of the article below.
Hack 3: Turn Off or Disable the two-step Verification Option
Disabling or turning off the two-step verification process of the Gmail account can invite risks for your Gmail account. Hence, this hack is an optional one and there is no hard and fast rule to follow this hack. But, many users have resolved this Gmail issue by disabling the two-step verification process. Therefore, if you want to then you can give a try. Hence, the steps of this process are given down as follows:
- At first, you have to login into your Gmail account on any of your system’s web browser.
- Now, when your Gmail account opens, you have to go to the My Account section. After that, you have to locate the ‘Login & Security’ option and you have to click on it.
- In the next step, you have to select the two-step verification button.
- Now, you will be asked to log in again with the username and password. In the next page, you have to select the Turn off 2-step Verification button.
- A new popup window will open to confirm the action taken. Finally, you have to click on the OK button to confirm the change.
- After that, you can now check if the Gmail error is still bothering you or not.
So, this is how you can disable the two-step verification process on your Gmail account. Hopefully, now your Gmail error is resolved. If the Gmail issue is still there, then you can follow the next hack in order to resolve the issue quickly.
Hack 4: Clear the Web Browser Cookies, Cache and Browsing Data
If none of the above hacks prove to be fruitful, then you can try out this hack. Here, in this hack, you will get the steps to clear the cache and browsing data of your web browser. If you do not know the steps, then you can follow up the next section of the article below:
- At first, you have to open the web browser in which you are using your Gmail account. When the web browser opens, you have to click on the More or three dots icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, from the list of options, you have to click on the More Tools. After that in the new window, you have to click on the Clear Browsing Data option.
- In the next step, you have to choose the time range at the top. In order to delete all, you have to select the All-Time option.
- Now, you have to mark the checkboxes of two options. The first option is Cookies and other site data. The second option is the Cached images and files.
- Finally, in the end, you have to click on the Clear Data button at the bottom of the page.
- After doing all the above steps, you can now check if the Gmail authentication error still persists or not.
Therefore, this is how you can resolve the Gmail error by clearing the data from your web browser. Hopefully, now you are able to resolve the Gmail issue on your own. However, if in case you want more fixes for the Gmail error, then you can follow the next hack of the article below.
Hack 5: Perform other Basic Steps
The last resort to fix the Gmail error is to remove the restriction of the Gmail servers in the Windows firewall settings. If in case you have made any changes to the Windows firewall, then you can reset all the settings to its default state. After doing this, you can check if the Gmail authentication error persists or not.
Additionally, you can check for virus attack by running the Windows Defender. The Windows Defender is an inbuilt antivirus of the Windows Operating System. Therefore, you can run it in order to find and remove the virus on the system. After that, you can check if the Gmail issue is still there or not.
Also, when logging into your Gmail account, be careful while entering the username and password. Incorrect entry of the username or password can also lead to this Gmail error. Therefore, you have to always enter the correct username and password.
Ending this article, we just want to say that these were the hacks that will help you to fix the Gmail Authentication error on your own. These hacks are tried and tested by users and have resolved the issue for all Gmail users. We hope you will also be able to resolve this Gmail issue on your own. If you are not able to fix the Gmail issue, then you can get back to us through the comments section which is below this article. Also, you provide any experience or feedback through the comment section.