Outlook Error 0xc0000005 mostly occurs when you try to run this application on an infected Windows PC. Due to numerous reasons this error appears in the system. Low space of RAM can be the main culprit behind this issue. The error notification might arise because the DLL (Dynamic Link Library) which supports the running of the software is incomplete or corrupted.
Users might confront this error because of virus infection, corrupted profile configuration setting and many more. If you face this same error, you need to resolve it fast. In this article, we are going to discuss on how to fix Outlook error 0xc0000005 instantly. So, eradicate this problem through the below fixes.
Possible Reasons for Outlook Error 0xc0000005
This error mostly occur with several error messages. For instance:
- “An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. Exception: access violation (0xC0000005), Address”
- “The application failed to initialize properly (0xC0000005). Click OK to terminate the application”.
- The “Stop 0x0000008E (0xC0000005 …) combination on the blue screen.
Behind the occurrence of any kind of error, there can be several causes that play a significant role. Here are some of the main reasons:
- Incorrect settings for incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Corruption in the profile configured with Microsoft Outlook.
- Some issues with Network or Antivirus software.
- Improper update of Windows OS.
- Windows installation error
Effective Methods to Fix Outlook Error 0xc0000005 with Ease
There are several ways to resolve this error within a minute. Follow the given steps by which you can troubleshoot the issue quickly.
Trick 1: Check the RAM
The first thing you have to check is the RAM.
- First of all, you will need to check that the RAM is seated properly or not.
- After that, inspect the ram slot for a bent pin or any other object blocking the RAM.
- Additionally, make sure that you have a RAM that is compatible with your system.
- If it’s okay, then you should follow the next solution.
Trick 2: Run Outlook in Safe Mode
To open Outlook in Safe Mode, go to the following steps and apply them:
- At first, go to the Run box by pressing the Windows button and R at the same time.
- Now, type the “Outlook.exe /safe” command in the Run dialog box. That’s it.
You can open Outlook in safe mode except getting any objection. If your system is working properly after opening in Safe Mode, then disable add-ins by applying the below process.
Trick 3: Remove Add-ins and Repair Outlook Application
Generally, Outlook add-ins help to enhance the application’s functionality. The add-ins can be the main cause of the Outlook problem. Therefore, you have to turn off the add-ins. To perform that, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, hold and press the Windows key and the R button at the same time.
- Then, open the Run dialog box and type ‘Outlook.exe’ there.
- After that, tap on the Enter key and check the issue once.
- Open Outlook and open the File menu.
- After that, click on the ‘Add-Ins’ option.
- Choose ‘COM Add-ins’ and click on the ‘Go’ option.
- Now, eliminate all the checkboxes from the given list.
- Next, press the Ok button and uncheck the boxes.
- Then, restart the Outlook application.
- Lastly, turn off the add-ins at a moment and identify the culprit.
If it fails to solve this problem, you need to repair Outlook:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the Uninstall Programs option.
- Find Outlook in the list of installed programs and click on it.
- Choose Repair.
- Now, follow the instructions in the wizard.
Trick 4: Restore the Configuration File of Navigation Pane
In most such alert cases, it is the presence of the corrupted settings file of the Navigation Pane for which Outlook won’t open processing. So, the first step to recover the file configuration of the Navigation Pane is to repair its setup.
- If you are a Windows Vista user, or Windows 7 or 8, select the Start button to open the Run prompt. You can apply the same for Windows XP system as well.
- Now, you will have to enter a specific code in the search bar. The code will differ for all the Windows version.
- Next, press the enter key and reset the Navigation Pane.
- Then, open the Outlook profile.
- If for any reason the recovery of the navigation file settings fails, try to delete the XML file of the Navigation Pane that stores the settings data.
- If the issue is not solved till now, then move to next solution below.
Trick 5: Disable the Third-Party Antivirus
If there is any third-party security software on your computer, then this kind of error can happen.
- First of all, go to the Start button.
- In the search bar type ‘Control Panel’ and hit Enter.
- In the window, go to the section named ‘Programs and Features’.
- Here, locate the third-party antivirus.
- After that, choose ‘Uninstall’. This action will start the uninstallation process.
- Finally, check if the problem is eliminated or not.
Trick 6: Disable the Proxy Settings
The Device’s Proxy settings can cause Outlook Error 0xc0000005. So, disable the Proxy which will help you to resolve this issue. Get a look below:
- Click on the Windows key and R key on the Keyboard at the same time.
- Type ‘cmd’ and press the ‘Enter’ key to open the Command Prompt section.
- Then, type this code
“netsh winhttp import proxy source = ie”.
Press the ENTER key.
If there is an error of Proxy settings, then it denies you access. Then, you need to disable the Proxy Settings to get rid of this. To disable this, you have to follow these steps below:
- First, Launch Internet Explorer on your Device.
- Go to ‘Tools’ and open ‘Internet Options.’
- Now, Select ‘LAN Settings’ which will show on Connections tab.
- Choose “Use a proxy server for your LAN.”
- You will find an open ‘Address’ box. Type the Address of the Proxy server in this box.
- Type the Port number.
- Click ‘OK’ and wait for sometime to effect the changes.
Trick 7: Fix the Registry file
If the problem still persists, then try this hack. Make sure that backup your documents before applying this process. Just go through these steps one by one to repair the corrupted or damaged registry files:
- At first, select the Start button of your computer.
- Now, go to the search box and type ‘command’.
- Then, press and hold the Ctrl and Shift combination on the keyboard. Press the Enter key.
- When a permission dialog box will pop up on the screen, then click on Yes to grant the permission.
- When a black box will appear, type ‘regedit’ in the search box, and then press the enter key.
- The Registry Editor will open and select the Adobe Reader which you are willing to back up.
- Next, go to the File menu and choose the Export option from this menu.
- You have to choose the folder to save the backup key in ‘Save In’ list.
- Now, rename the backup file and go to the Export range box.
- Make sure that the ‘Selected branch’ is chosen.
- Select the Save button and the file will be saved with a .REG file extension.
- Check the Outlook Error 0xc0000005 issue still strikes or not. If you are bothered with this Outlook error still, then you need to update the drivers.
Method 8: Recover the Outlook File
At times, the PST file gets damaged due to an improper uninstallation. So, it refuses Outlook application from opening. To recover the file, you have to perform these steps:
- First of all, go to Windows Explorer.
- Then, open the program files and go to the Microsoft office section.
- Now, type ‘exe’ in the search field and look for the SCANPST.EXE file there.
- When you find, double-click on it and browse the location of the PST file.
- Next, press the Start button to execute the scanning process.
- If any error appears in the PST file, the following message will show:
“Errors were found in this file. To repair these errors, click Repair”.
- After that, click on the ‘Repair’ option and install the application with the PST file.
- After finishing this process, check if the issue is resolved. If it is not resolved, follow the next method.
Trick 9: System Restore
You can mitigate the error by performing a System Restore in an accurate way. So, you need to follow these directions cited below:
- At first, go to the search bar.
- Type ‘Create a Restore point’.
- Now, select the item which will pop up on the screen.
- Next, choose the ‘System Protection’ option.
- Tap on the ‘System Restore’ option and select the ‘Next’ option.
- When you see a list of all the available restore points, choose the most recent restore point.
- Then, select the Next option again and press the Finish option.
- Wait for sometimes to finish this process completely.
Trick 10: Update Outlook
If none of the above methods work, go through these steps mentioned below:
- First, open Outlook and select ‘File’.
- Next, move to Office account and see the product information.
- Select ‘Update’ and tap on Enable option.
- Select ‘Update now’.
- Wait for a while and you see ‘You’re up to date’ option.
- Finally, check if the issue still has or not. If not, then go to the next method.
Hope you will be successful to fix the Outlook error 0xc0000005 by using the given solutions in this article. If you find that the error still persists in your device, go to the comment section and put your quiery there.