After purchasing a Cisco router, or performing a reset process with it, the first thing you have to do is to log into a Cisco router. Well, if you are unaware of this process, then you are on the appropriate page. This article consists of a step by step guidance which will help you out. So, try to follow the steps which are mentioned in this article.
How to Log into Cisco Router?
In order to login to the Cisco router, try to follow these steps mentioned below:
- At first, be sure about that, you are connected with your Cisco router. Either it can be ethernet cable or the Wifi.
- In that case, take note that, if you are not connected to the network, then you won’t be able to navigate to the web interface.
- After that, you have to navigate to the browser and type the IP address of the router in the address field. The IP address against the Cisco router is 192.168.1.1.
- In case, if you noticed that the IP address fails to work, then you can search for the default Cisco IP address list for your specific model,as well as how to know the Cisco router gateway IP address.
- After that, you will be able to see the Cisco web interface will open and will ask you for a username & password. In case, if you are not sure about the username and password, then you can look at the default Cisco login credentials in order to see the credentials and how to reset to them.
Configure Cisco Router
After logging in to the Cisco admin interface, you will be able to change any settings which are available. In that case, be sure about that, when you are going to configure your router, so don’t try to break the network. Before changing anything, you have to write down your current settings. So, you will be able to revert the trouble.
It is a step by step guidance, using which, you will be able to resolve this error on your own. In that case, try to follow each and every step carefully. Try to avoid step jumping. In case, if you encounter any kind of system glitches while performing these steps, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. On that note, we are concluding this post and will see you in the next one